Calling all trans writers, I am looking for contributors to my Trans Joy blog series.
This is a recently started project looking at the positive side of life as a trans person. There’s so much important writing about the struggles of being trans, but we are more than our pain, and I want to celebrate our positive experiences. As a fat, white, AMAB, enby my perspective is limited. So I am looking for other trans writers to contribute to this project.
- Bring something positive, this is not the place to unpack your trauma. I recognise and support work which does that, but this isn’t the platform for it.
- Have a look at what’s already been written for the project, and try to bring something new. I don’t want to be publishing 50 similar takes on pronouns.
- Be prepared to accept and incorporate minor editorial notes to maintain a high standard of writing
- 150-500 words
- Open to submissions of work published elsewhere
- You do NOT have to be a professional writer or established blogger.
- Trans writers only (broadly defined as anyone who identifies as a different gender to what they were assigned at birth, or as outside the gender binary)
- Don’t be a dick. If your writing discriminates or degrades other marginalised groups I won’t be publishing it.
I make a grand total of £0 from my blog so unfortunately I’m not in a position to pay contributors at this point. I am happy for people to use this to promote their own things, equally I am fine with publishing anonymised submissions. If the back end of the project produces some revenue (e.g. as a zine) then any contributors whose work is used will be offered payment.
Edit: As of March 2020 I have started selling zines as part of the project, I can now offer all contributors £10 for their writing, plus a cut of any profits from the zine.
Please email any pitches or submissions to email@example.com, I’ll try and get back to everyone who gets in touch 🙂